This recipe of patties of falafel in the oven is easy, healthy, delicious... and only requires 7 ingredients. It is also flavored with garlic and cumin, which gives it the smoky flavor and spicy which I like.
For a healthier option, you can also bake them, although I prefer to fry them previously to create a crust extra on the outside.
- 1 package fresh parsley (2 cups chopped parsley)
- 3 teeth garlic large
- 22 – 45 g de nuts, walnuts, almonds or oatmeal uncooked ground
- 1 lemon large
- 1/2 teaspoon short of each sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 can of chickpeas 425 g drained
- A pinch of black pepper
- Add the parsley, the garlic, the lemon juice, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor and blend.
- Add the chickpeas and beat with mixer until blended, but are slightly cut. You want to maintain a bit of texture.
- Pass the meat to a bowl, add the flour, nuts (or oatmeal), and then mix until you have a thin crust and hard enough to handle it. Taste and correct the seasoning if necessary, and add a little more salt if necessary.
- Draw an “x” in the dough to make 4 pieces then use your hands to make 4 loaves of bread, large.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil and leave them in the fridge or in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- OPTIONAL STEP: To get a bit more crust on the outside, preheat a large skillet over medium or medium-high and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado before baking. Stir to coat the pan and add the falafel. Flip with care, a once golden – about 3-4 minutes – and then brown the other side – another 3-4 minutes. Replace the falafels in the pan to continue baking. If not, place them directly in the oven for baking.
- Bake for a total of 30-40 minutes, turning once half-baked so they will cook evenly. The more time the hornees, the more firm will be.
- Serve hot, wrapped in a pita bread or a bun, and covered with the sauce, or dressing as desired. You can also serve on a salad and use the garlic sauce as the dressing.
- The patties can be stored in the refrigerator, covered with parchment paper in an airtight container for several days. Freeze them to preserve them for a longer time.
Can you help us to share?