These muffins banana and coconut, naturally sweetened, these are a real delight. I bet you will not even notice that they are made with flour 100% whole grain! The recipe given for a dozen of this delicious treat for breakfast.
- ¾ Cup of whole wheat flour or flour of puff pastry integral
- ½ Cup of whole wheat flour
- ½ Teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon fine salt
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 cup of ripe banana mashed (3 bananas more or less)
- ½ Cup of coconut oil, melted
- ¼ Cup of honey
- 1 large egg, preferably at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ Cup of grated coconut without added sugar, amount divided
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. If you want, grease 12 muffin cups with butter or molds for cupcakes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Add ½ cup of shredded coconut.
- In a medium bowl aside, combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups (about ¼ cup of the mixture diluted in each one) and cover the muffins with the ¼ cup of grated coconut remaining. Sprinkle the top with raw sugar.
- Bake for about 17 to 20 minutes, until when you insert the tip of a knife in the center comes out clean. Pass the muffins to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
Can you help us to share?