A simple dish of roasted pears made with simple ingredients. Serve with vanilla yogurt or ice cream for a dessert very elegant, perfect for parties and other occasions. It only takes 30 minutes and 1 skillet.
- 4 pears small to medium-sized, mature
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, or avocado with melted (skip if you do not have oil)
- 36 – 48 g de sugar coconut (or cane sugar)
- 30 ml de maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 15 ml de apple cider vinegar
- 30 ml de lemon juice
- Whipped cream from coconut
- Vanilla yogurt, and coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, and coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and place in a roasting pan 22 cm in diameter or of similar size.
- Cut the pears in half and remove the core with a small spoon. Leave the stems to give them a nice look (optional). Place cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with oil, sugar, coconut, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Bake the pears, cut side down, for about 20-30 minutes (uncovered) until tender (when you insert a skewer should come out easily; bake pears with larger hard a bit more if necessary).
- Then, carefully remove from the oven, flip the other side and bake for another 5 minutes to lightly caramelize the surface.
- Serve it with vanilla yogurt and coconut whipped cream from coconut or vanilla ice cream, and coconut. Add the caramel sauce left in the pan over the top to give it more flavor and strength.
- What's better is that they are fresh, but you can store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or in the oven at 180 degrees until hot. Cannot be used in the freezer.
Can you help us to share?